Well, I can’t believe July is over. It FLEW by. It was a half &half goal completion list for me.
Here’s what was planned for July from the Modish Monthly Goals meetup & my recap –
1. Print out business cards / stationery – Designed & ready to go, but waiting for final decision w/ busi. partner
2. Continue w/ lawyer/CPA to get situated to sell things on Etsy, craft fairs – continuing, not completed… want to focus on CPA for next month to figure out tax info…any suggestions for where to look for a great CPA in the Chicago area? I heard the Freelancer’s Union was a good place to start searching…
3. Decide on product lineup for Etsy store – got ideas down, waiting for final decision w/ busi. partner. I think a big “general business meeting” will finalize up some details to move forward.
4. Design packaging for products – got thoughts / $ comparisons, waiting for … see above
5. Meet with potential client for business card/stationery ideas (continuation from last month…) – done, now will work on designs / follow up meeting in Aug!
All in all, its half and half. Not too great, but hey, its summer and having a friend in town kept me occupied…
So, whats next for August?
1. General Business meeting – finalize details for busi. cards, stationery, product lineup & packaging
2. CPA – get tax info / financial benefits to understand how best to move forward (& not get into any trouble w/ the IRS!)
3. Follow up meeting w/ busi. card/stationery client
4. Research – postage/freight, returns/shop policies
5. Buying Day – this is kind of incorporated into the General Busi. Mtg, a general buying of supplies to get moving on the stock to create inventory and stationery things . This is my fun / inspirational goal to get things moving in the right direction, without being too “business-y”
6. New paper feature on the blog – this is another fun goal to keep updated on whats new in the paper world and inspiration for new creative projects. This should be a pretty easy goal!
How did everyone else do? I hope it was a great July goals month for everyone at the Modish Monthly Goals!!